SOPOT TOURISM ORGANISATION
Who we are?
Sopocka Organizacja Turystyczna (SOT) or Sopot Tourism Organisation is a joint venture between the local government and the local tourism industry which promotes tourism in the City of Sopot and the Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot Metropolitan Area.
The Sopot Tourist Organisation was initially established on January 6, 1997, although work to create the organisation began as early as 1995. The main aims included in the statutes of the organisation, which continue to this day, were the promotion of the city of Sopot as an attractive spa and tourist destination. On September 17, 2003, this vehicle was transformed into a local tourist organisation and named Stowarzyszenie Turystyczne Sopot (STS) or the Tourist Association of Sopot. This change enabled the City of Sopot to become a member of the association. In November 2018 the association changed its name to Sopocka Organizacja Turystyczna (SOT).
- Integration of the Sopot tourist industry
- Cooperation with local government departments
- Creation of a tourism product (creation, development, promotion)
- Collection and updating of information on attractions and tourist products
- Running local tourist information points
- Organisation of meetings with a tourist theme
- National and international promotion
What have we achieved?
Currently, this non-governmental institution includes 100 members – including not just physical persons but Sopot hotels, guest houses, guest rooms, public facilities, travel agencies and restaurants. Membership in SOT allows you to further promote your business at tourism fairs in the Poland and abroad.
The local tourist organisation runs a year-round tourist information centre at Plac Zdrojowy 2, which is located near the entrance to the pier. It was opened in 2010 and is home to a mineral water pump room and viewing point.
Since 2005, SOT also runs the Accommodation Bureau handling rental of private rooms and apartments to tourists.
Take a look at the inside of our Tourist Information Centre:
What we offer?
- Networking opportunities in the Sopot tourist industry
Access to news (Newsletter)
- Participation in cyclical meetings of SOT members, training and workshops (e.g. coffee mornings with SOT, Sopot Tours, Job Fairs)
- Cooperation in tourist projects with the City of Sopot
Promotion in Tourist Information points
- Display and distribution of printed materials at Tourist Information points in the City of Sopot
- The opportunity to display promotional materials on screens located at Tourist Information points in the City of Sopot
- Information about SOT partners in all materials published by the association (Sopot maps, thematic folders, Sopot Tourist Card)
- The possibility of creating a dedicated Sopot map with your business marked with a ‘You are here’ symbol.
Promotion nationally and internationally
- Participation in domestic and foreign fairs
- Participation in study visits and promotional events
- Access to free promotional materials and maps
- Promotional campaigns on Placu Przyjaciół Sopotu (Friends of Sopot Square)
- Promotion on the website www.visit.sopot.pl
- Posting of information about events and events of SOT partners on www.kalendarz.sopot.pl
- Promotion in social media
- The possibility of promotion in the weekly electronic newsletter published by SOT